2023-2024 Read By Grade 3 (RBG3) Learning Strategist- Bozarth ES – ( 230003AN )
The individual(s) selected for the RBG3 full-time literacy specialist position will coordinate and provide specialized support for kindergarten through Grade 5 teachers in literacy. These supports include, but are not limited to: assisting teachers in implementing high-quality, standards-based instruction for all students aligned to the English Language Arts Nevada Academic Content Standards (NVACS) and the Nevada Educator Performance Framework (NEPF); modeling and providing supports for teachers in developing long-range and daily lesson plans using the Curriculum Engine; modeling research-based strategies in literacy; supporting teachers in scaffolding instruction and using research-based strategies to meet the needs of all learners; providing side-by-side, job-embedded coaching; working collaboratively with teachers during data-driven, decision-making processes, including professional learning communities; assisting teachers in using a balanced assessment system, including an interim assessment system, to analyze student achievement data to guide and inform instruction; assisting with the implementation of the Clark County School District’s K-12 Literacy Plan; and providing professional learning opportunities for teachers focused on increasing student achievement in literacy. RBG3 full-time literacy specialists selected for these positions will be required to attend regularly-scheduled professional learning sessions. Individuals who are placed in the qualified candidate selection pool will have the opportunity to apply at school sites. The individuals selected for this position will report to the site-based administrator.
1. Supports school personnel with the implementation of high-quality, standards- based instruction aligned to the English Language Arts (ELA) NVACS and the NEPF.
2. Plans, prepares, and facilitates literacy professional learning and follow-up processes to support school-based personnel with the implementation of the ELA NVACS, NEPF, and the District’s K-12 Literacy Plan.
3. Develops and coordinates professional learning aligned to literacy instruction and the School Performance Plan.
4. Works collaboratively with teachers to model effective data-driven, decision- making processes focusing on professional learning communities.
5. Provides coaching and mentoring supports for teachers by conducting demonstration lessons, observing classroom instruction, and conferencing with
teachers to implement research-based strategies addressing the needs of all learners, including students who have been identified as at-risk in literacy,
students with special needs, and English language learners (ELL).
6. Utilizes the coaching cycle to improve literacy instruction to promote student learning.
7. Works collaboratively with school-based administrators and classroom teachers to effectively implement evidence-based practices for literacy instruction and tiered interventions to support all students.
8. Assists school-site personnel in developing a set of culturally responsive practices that are infused within the school climate and instructional expectations.
9. Works collaboratively with school-based administrators and classroom teachers to effectively implement the required RBG3 assessments, including the Brigance Screener III and Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) Growth assessments.
10. Assists school-based personnel with the analysis of data aligned with a balanced assessment system.
11. Provides support for teachers in the balanced assessment system to determine areas of specific skill deficits to guide instruction and develop and implement intervention planning.
12. Oversees the following RBG3 assessment protocols, including the administration of the Brigance Screener III to all kindergarten students within the first 30 days of school; administration of the MAP Growth assessment to all students in Grade 1 through Grade 5 within the first 30 days of school; administration of the MAP Growth assessment to all students in kindergarten through Grade 5 during the winter and spring benchmarks; the development of a progress monitoring plan for
every student identified as at-risk in literacy; and support systematic progress
monitoring for every student identified as at-risk in literacy.
13. Ensures parents and/or legal guardians are notified within 30 days of the determination that a student in kindergarten through Grade 5 is identified as at- risk in literacy.
14. Ensures parents and/or legal guardians approve the intensive instructional plan for all students in kindergarten through Grade 5 who are identified as at-risk in literacy.
15. Provides instruction and support to parents and/or legal guardians of students who have been identified as at-risk in literacy.
16. Develops a working climate that promotes a trusting, professional relationship in which teachers are open to self-reflection and working as a team to improve their instructional practices.
17. Participates in ongoing professional learning of the RBG3 full-time literacy specialist following the roles and responsibilities of the RBG3 full-time literacy specialist as defined by the Nevada Department of Education (NDOE) and the District.
18. Communicates with school-based administrators regarding assignments and responsibilities.
19. Collaborates with Region personnel and District Divisions and Departments, including the K-12 Literacy and Language Development Department; the Assessment, Accountability, Research, and School Improvement (AARSI) Division; Student Services Division (SSD); English Language Learner Division (ELLD); and Equity and Diversity Education ( (EDE) Department.
20. Maintains confidentiality while building and maintaining a high-level of trust with site-based and District personnel.
21. Performs other duties related to the position, as assigned.
Mandatory Professional Learning
Professional learning for the RBG3 full-time literacy specialist will be provided centrally at a maximum of twice (2) a month. Personnel from Divisions and Departments throughout the District will conduct these collaborative professional learning sessions. These sessions will be conducted during the scheduled work assignment.
1. Must possess a Standard-Elementary: Grade Level K-5 or K-8 teaching license issued by the Nevada Department of Education.
2. Have completed a minimum of three (3) or more years of contracted teaching experience at the elementary school level with effective or highly effective yearly evaluations.
3. Demonstrated a positive impact in measurable student outcomes in literacy.
4. Have experience in modeling teaching behavior to adult learners in a variety of settings (i.e., workshops, seminars, courses, etc.).
5. Demonstrated evidence of instructional leadership (i.e., team leader, department chair/coach, literacy specialist, instructional coach, system-wide committees, or grade-level chair, etc.).
6. Experience in providing successful professional learning aligned with high- quality, standards-based instruction in literacy.
1. Hold a master’s degree from an accredited college or university in literacy.
2. Hold a reading specialist endorsement.
3. Displayed evidence of participation in ongoing professional learning.
1. Thorough knowledge and understanding of the NEPF, including research-based strategies for literacy instruction.
2. Thorough knowledge of the K-5 ELA NVACS.
3. Thorough understanding of Assembly Bill 289 RBG3.
4. Thorough understanding of the resources and tools located in Curriculum Engine and its capabilities to support the development of long-range and daily lesson plans.
5. Thorough understanding of the Student Literacy Performance Plan (SLPP) within Infinite Campus.
6. Thorough knowledge of using data to identify gaps in student achievement.
7. Ability to lead with cultural awareness.
8. Effective communication, including oral and written; collaboration; and interpersonal skills.
9. Effective skills in planning, organizing, and providing professional learning support to teachers.
10. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
11. Willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule in order to conform to project needs.
12. Demonstrated leadership abilities in organizing, implementing, and maintaining an effective literacy program.
This is a nine (9)-month position. Placement will be on the Teacher’s Salary Schedule.
Persons interested in being considered for this position must submit the following information:
cover letter including name; address; phone number; current school location; and information detailing interest in the position, including qualifications, and the identification and description of a positive, measurable impact on student achievement in literacy within the last three years;
copies of last three performance evaluations;
copy of valid Nevada Standard-Elementary: Grade Level K-5 or K-8 teaching license;
names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers of two supervisors, including current supervisor, from which a confidential references may be obtained.
All applications must be submitted electronically to http://bit.ly/RBG3PoolApplication . This is an open-ended application pool and will close when all positions have been filled.
For information concerning specific responsibilities related to the RBG3 full-time literacy specialist position, please contact the Literacy Department via email at CCSDLiteracy@nv.ccsd.net.
This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or national origin.
Job Revision Information
**Primary Location** : LAS VEGAS-BOZARTH, HENRY EVELYN ES
**Work Locations** :
BOZARTH, HENRY EVELYN ES
7431 EGAN CREST DR.
LAS VEGAS 89149
**Job** : School-Based Specialist
**Organization** : Clark County School District
: Day Job
**Job Posting** : Mar 8, 2023, 12:34:31 PM
**Unposting Date** : Ongoing
**Req ID:** 230003AN
Clark County School District (CCSD) is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities